[ubuntu-cloud] OpenSTack @ Ubuntu Cloud

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 25 21:21:52 BST 2010

On 25-08-2010 18:47, Frans Thamura wrote:
> will the Ubuntu Cloud next version using OpenStack?

OpenStack Compute, a.k.a. Nova is already in Maverick. Obviously not an
actual release of Nova, but just an early code snapshot. I'll be pushing
updates for that a couple of times up until Maverick releases.

As for OpenStack Storage, a.k.a. Swift, I've been granted a Feature
Freeze exception, and we'll be uploading very, very shortly.

This does not mean that UEC will be based on OpenStack, but simply that
some version of OpenStack Compute and Storage will be in Maverick.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer