[ubuntu-cloud] Adding a node?

Benjamin Campbell benji.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 19:29:09 GMT 2009

Hi all

I have set up a two machine "cloud". One machine hosting the Cloud
Controller, and the second is running the Node Controller. After a few
struggles I apparently have both machines configured however my single
NC doesn't appear in my availability zones and I am unable to deploy
any instances. Initially I had some troubles adding the node when the
process tried to scp the keys to the node. However I manually scp them
to the machine and subsequent attempts to register the node appeared
successful. In addition the node is listed in the eucalyptus.conf
file.

My physical setup includes to machines :
node1.nodes.campbell.local(10.0.0.10) => Cloud Controller/Frontend
node2.nodes.campbell.local(10.0.0.11) => Node Controller

Both machines are running the fresh install of UEC from the Ubuntu
9.10 Server iso.

benji at node1:/var/log/eucalyptus$ euca-describe-availability-zones verbose
AVAILABILITYZONE        campbell        10.0.0.10
AVAILABILITYZONE        |- vm types     free / max   cpu   ram  disk
AVAILABILITYZONE        |- m1.small     0000 / 0000   1    128     2
AVAILABILITYZONE        |- c1.medium    0000 / 0000   1    256     5
AVAILABILITYZONE        |- m1.large     0000 / 0000   2    512    10
AVAILABILITYZONE        |- m1.xlarge    0000 / 0000   2   1024    20
AVAILABILITYZONE        |- c1.xlarge    0000 / 0000   4   2048    20

I would appreciate any insight or clue as to where to proceed from
here in order to have the node recognized.

Thanks
Ben Campbell