[ubuntu-cloud] Getting Started

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Mon Jun 15 14:01:43 BST 2009

On 06/15/2009 02:53 PM, luc jean wrote:
> I have spend 3 days now to make getting start work without any success.
>
> I have tried to follow this
> http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/eucalyptus.html

I would recommend using the more up to date wiki page [1], as a lot has
been clarified since string freeze.

> 1: I have the desk-top version of ubuntu 9.04
> 2:I haven't been able to make *Eucalyptus* with *KVM*. work.
> 3.I have Sun Virtalbox  runing on the my ubuntu 9.04 host.
> can I use this that server 9.04 in the virtualBox ?
> 4. To accomplished the getting start do I have to have 2 different machine ?

Eucalyptus with KVM will work nicely if you use the correct instructions
 (sorry about the server guide, but the process is a bit strict to allow
for translators to do their work).

While you do not absolutely need 2 machines in a test environment, it
would be really recommended when getting into productions.

Let us know how your test goes.  Feel free to ask if you have any
further questions.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Eucalyptus

Nick