[ubuntu-cloud] [newbie] Can I do this?

Elliot Murphy elliot at canonical.com
Fri Jun 12 21:47:55 BST 2009

On 06/12/2009 04:20 PM, Trudy Cool wrote:
> Thanks very much for that Elliot.  I appreciate your help.
>
> Could suggest some Google keywords for load balancers so I can do more research on my own?  For example, the names of proven products you'd recommend.

A company called RightScale offers some pretty nice tools built on top
of AWS that includes things like managing the load balancers for you.
The best load balancer I've read about is haproxy, but I haven't seen
any code for automatically adding/removing servers from the haproxy pool.

We're currently using Apache with mod_proxy_balance, and I've heard
positive reports about mod_athena also: http://code.google.com/p/ath/

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/