[ubuntu-cloud] UEC on processor without virtualization extension?

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Mon Aug 31 14:04:46 BST 2009

On 08/29/2009 12:17 AM, Frank Abel Cancio Bello wrote:
> I have "powerful" but old hardware and I want run UEC, do you know if is
> easy install UEC and in some way use Xen instead of KVM? After all
> Eucalyptus can use Xen.

Unfortunately Xen is only supported in Ubuntu for Ubuntu being a guest
on Xen, but not with Ubuntu running Xen as an Hypervisor.  There used to
be a Xen kernel for Ubuntu in universe, but it is not maintained anymore
since Intrepid, IIRC.

This may change if and when Xen will have made it in the mainline kernel...

Nick