[ubuntu-cloud] UEC on processor without virtualization extension?

Henning Sprang henning.sprang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 23:34:20 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Frank Abel Cancio
Bello<frank.abel.cb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but I want run NC on my old and powerful hardware.

Oh, I guess I mixed it up.

> I read at http://open.eucalyptus.com/wiki/EucalyptusPrerequisites_v1.5.2
> that Xen is supported, but I'm newbie in this field. Can anybody have
> experience with UEC and Xen instead of KVM?

AFAIK that's one difference between the upstream Eucalyptus and Ubuntu.

It might be possible to get it going,  but from what I understood
Xen's not supported out of the Box by UEC. (I believe it has been said
in a thread just some days ago).

Henning