[ubuntu-cloud] Tools for interfacing to S3

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 17:03:06 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Etienne Goyer
<etienne.goyer at canonical.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am writing some doc on Eucalyptus, and I would like to provide a
> tangible, non-programmatic example of using Walrus (S3).  The Eucalyptus
> wiki list a couple tools (s3curl, s3cmd, s3fs) that could fit the bill.
>  Of these, only s3cmd appears to be in the Ubuntu archive.  It sounds
> good, but does anybody have another suggestion or an enlightened opinion
> on the subject?

I know that there's work on modifying Amanda's backup to S3 to be able to
work with Eucalyptus. I've found in the source code where I would need to
change the address that points to Amazon's S3 service. I "think" the library
that a group is working on that addresses this is libzcloud -
http://github.com/djmitche/libzcloud/tree

Jeremy