[ubuntu-cloud] asking for help

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at canonical.com
Thu Aug 6 22:14:06 BST 2009

Hello Gao Jun,

>     On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM, gao jun<jungao at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jungao at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Dear sir,
>     >
>     > I followed the steps from
>     "https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Eucalyptus" to
>     > build up private cloud.
>     >
>     > in Stp 6, when running an image, I always get an error as follows:
>     > "Server: SERVICE: FinishedVerify PROBLEM: Not enough resources
>     available:
>     > addresses (try --addressing private) MSG-TYPE: RunInstancesType".

Despite the specific verbiage about addresses, this error is rather
generic; you would get such an error when no node controller are
running, for example.

There is currently a bug in the Ubuntu package of Eucalyptus where the
eucalyptus-nc service is not started automatically on reboot[1].  To be
super-sure this is not the problem you are having, could you run the
following command on your node controller(s):

    sudo service eucalyptus-nc restart

Then run the following commands on your frontend:

    sudo service eucalyptus-cc restart
    sudo service eucalyptus-cloud restart

Then try to run your instance again?

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eucalyptus/+bug/364723

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

 ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~