[ubuntu-cloud] asking for help

Miron Sorin sorin.miron at live.com
Thu Aug 6 22:01:44 BST 2009

Did you verifyed /etc/eucalyptus/eucalyptus.conf ?

The NODES key should not be empty.

The MAX_MEM should be something like 8192.

The MAX_CORES should be something like 64.

Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 10:05:20 +0800
From: jungao at gmail.com
To: henning.sprang at gmail.com
CC: ubuntu-cloud at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-cloud] asking for help

hi Henning,

yes, I have tried with  --addressing private command option.  but still get the same error.

best regards,
gaojun

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Henning Sprang <henning.sprang at gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM, gao jun<jungao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear sir,

> I followed the steps from "https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Eucalyptus" to

> build up private cloud.

> in Stp 6, when running an image, I always get an error as follows:

> "Server: SERVICE: FinishedVerify PROBLEM: Not enough resources available:

> addresses (try --addressing private) MSG-TYPE: RunInstancesType".

I'm not yet too deep into the eucalyptus things, but it sounds a bit

like you might not have enough resources - usually I'd think of RAM,

Disk space, or something like that - but there it's written

"addresses" - maybe there is no pool of IP adresses left to give an

address to the image you want to deploy?

Did you try to use the suggested --addressing private command option?

Henning