[ubuntu-cloud-announce] US-West-2 instance-store AMI's

Ben Howard ben.howard at canonical.com
Fri Nov 11 21:47:44 UTC 2011

All,

We are sorry to announce that the instance-store AMI's in US-West-2 have
insufficient root volume space of 1.4G [1]. The volumes should be 10G of
total storage space.

As a result of this error the following, steps will be taken to fix the
problem:
1. All non-current AMI's will be made private shortly
2. In one hour, all US-West-2 AMI's will be de-registered
3. Canonical will re-populate US-West-2 with new AMI's with the correct
root volume size.

If you have already launched instances based on the insufficient root
volumes, your current instances will not be affected.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and will work to
get this issue resolved as quickly as we can.

Thanks,
Ben

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-on-ec2/+bug/889311

--