[Ubuntu-Classroom] lernid bugs

John S Gruber johnsgruber at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:47:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Do we want to plan on having another formal testing session when you
> release at the end of the month? Just let me know.

I don't know--I'm certainly open to the idea. I'd really like the
classroom teams to have a look at it as soon as it's ready, in any
case.

> Quick question technology-wise - what would it take to put Lernid in a
> different channel for testing? We have ##ubuntu-cr and
> ##ubuntu-cr-chat for ClassBot testing,

I use the --classroom option all of the time for testing. That's how I
stress-test, by the way. I use --classroom ubuntu and let lernid churn
away on all the incoming messages and on the web references they
produce. There's no option to redirect the chatroom directly, though.
For that you could use web-chat or you can specify the classroom you
want in your own config file specified by the --config option. Here's
the one I used last:
===================
homepage: http://www.google.com
icalurl: https://www.google.com/calenda/ical/rikjcvqa22btd2lv5vulo5u3ho%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
classroom: ##ub
chat: ##ub2
eventstart: 2011-04-16 00:00:00
eventend:  2011-07-01 00:01:00
gmail appears to be putting a line break in the icalrul, but you get the idea.

Adding a direct option to specify the chatroom to use sounds like a
great item for the bug list, if you want. It would probably make a
bitesize item,too.

You were certainly right about additional problems after the dropping
of a connection for more than 4 minutes, by the way.

Thanks.

John