[Ubuntu-Classroom] [Ubuntu User day proposal] Firewall basics using ufw (and iptables)

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 06:01:10 UTC 2011

Dear Lyz, Nathan, Nigel

It's me again Mulyadi. I'd like to participate in the upcoming Ubuntu
User. I pick January 14th 2012 as my time to speak in IRC room.

As for the topic, I'd like to discuss about firewall basics and
specifically how to use ufw (and likely iptables if time permits). The
very focus is about how to use these firewalling techniques to protect
our Linux boxes from possibly harming traffic while at the same time
allowing our normal network-based activity such as browsing,e-mailing
etc.

Please let me know what you think about it, and hopefully you guys
give me another chance to participate :)

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant