[Ubuntu-Classroom] Presentation Submission -- Understanding fields in /proc/meminfo

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:00:59 BST 2010

Apologize for not responding for days...here we come.

Next week, I think (sorry, is it allowed for not following one week
prior notice) Wednesday, 6 October 2010 21:00 GMT+7 would be a great
time for me for sharing what I know about /proc/meminfo. What do you
think?

Regarding the lesson itself:

/proc/meminfo is one of the exported kernel statistics specificly in
memory management. You read it, simply for knowing how much RAM are
used up to for advanced analysis such as why certain memory area can't
be freed.

In this lesson, we focus on understanding what each fields mean.
However, during the lesson, audience might ask, preferably based on
real case, on how to apply such knowledge to assist system
analysis/troubleshooting.

requirement:
basic knowledge about Intel architecture, since this lesson would be
fairly Intel x86 32 bit specific. Few Linux kernel basics would be an
advantage.

Awaiting for your feedback about the schedule and the material.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant