[Ubuntu-Classroom] New #ubuntu-classroom-backstage channel

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 26 18:24:11 GMT 2010

Hi folks,

For Ubuntu User Day we did our event planning in the #ubuntu-learning
channel, for Ubuntu Open Week and Ubuntu Developer Week the
organization has frequently been fragmented, being in #ubuntu-learning
and #ubuntu-community-team for this current UDW.

We're looking to resolve this fragmentation, and now that we have
several new volunteers looking to recruit more instructors, to make
things be a bit more "official" when it comes to event coordination.
So in addition to the old #ubuntu-classroom (where classes are held)
and #ubuntu-classrom-chat (where chat during and about classes occurs)
we have now created #ubuntu-classroom-backstage for event planning,
meetings, and "back stage prep" and discussion for moderators and

We'll see how this goes for the next few events :)

Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2