[Ubuntu-Classroom] volunteering for classroom

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Jan 23 16:26:13 GMT 2010

Hi Shrinivasan!

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Marketing: Keep Ubuntu Weekly News informed - field is empty.
>
> Shall I take this place?

Currently we do this by Cc:ing announcements we send out to the list
to the ubuntu-news-team list, so it doesn't look like we need a
volunteer for this after all. I'll revise the Volunteers page.

> How can I help?

We primarily need people recruiting folks to give classes between the
major OpenWeek and DeveloperWeeks. Recruitment means you find someone
who wants to do a class on anything Ubuntu, let the rest of the team
know, check their credentials (so we know they know what they're
talking about!). From there we make sure they're familiar with IRC and
get them scheduled for a class, and we'll send out an announcement to
this list (which can be passed to -news-team and such).

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com