[Ubuntu-Classroom] [lecture proposal] how to use top and similar tools (atop, dstat) to pinpoint system problem

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 23 05:56:13 GMT 2010

Mulyadi,

Your last session on /proc/meminfo was very well-received, so I think
it'd be great to have one on top!

Would you like to have this class as a stand alone one sometime in
January? If so, just name a date and time and we'll make it happen.

Or would you like to be part of January 29th & 30th "Ubuntu User Days"
where several people will be presenting throughout the day? Details
here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays

Thanks!

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Nathan and all
>
> I'd like to propose myself for leading a session discussing about how
> to use tool such as top to monitor system. The explanation is almost
> entirely distro agnostic, so it's pretty safe for various distro users
> to attent this lecture
>

> It's mostly based on my below articles:
>
> - Uncover the Meaning of top's Statistics
> http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/42048-uncover-the-meaning-of-tops-statistics
>
> -Using Top More Efficiently
> http://www.linuxforums.org/articles/using-top-more-efficiently_89.html
>
> Kindly let me know how you think about this idea.
>
> Thank you in advance for your attention and help. Would love to follow
> up this idea with you all.
>
> --
> regards,
>
> Mulyadi Santosa