[Ubuntu-Classroom] Triaging Sound Bugs on Ubuntu -- Soon on an IRC Channel for you!

C de-Avillez hggdh2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 26 01:07:28 BST 2009

All,

Have you ever had sound problems on Ubuntu (and Linux, in general)?

Have you ever lost the *critical* piece, that would make the whole
conversation understandable, to static?

Have you -- like my humble self -- considered the plethora of
sound-related pieces a gigantic maze, with no rules known? Not that not
knowing the rules would matter, since they seem to change
continuously...

Do you -- again, like my humble self -- get surprised when sounds *does*
work?

If all of the above, or even a single one, applies to you... then YOU
can help! We are about to go on a Class About Sound [1].

Daniel T Chen has graciously accepted a request from Bug-Control, and
will be giving a class on how to _triage_ sound bugs. Given that sound
bugs have been a major user experience headache, triaging sound bugs is,
I believe, a major roadblock for us [2].

So, it is set! We will have a "Triaging Sound Bugs" next Friday --
courtesy of Daniel, and the magnificent folks that manage the Ubuntu
Classroom IRC channel.