[Ubuntu-Classroom] Fwd: [Ubuntuforums-beginners-education] Ubuntu Community Training Meeting

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 10 00:19:25 BST 2009

Hey folks,

The purpose Classroom project these days is primarily to seek out
teams and individuals who want to do IRC-based classes, help these
teams develop, promote and schedule these classes, and in general work
on IRC managing the schedule for #ubuntu-classroom. Last year we
discussed hopes of expanding this beyond IRC but have kept things
pretty toned down thus far.

Now the Ubuntu Forums Beginners Team has the momentum to move forward
with the community training that we intended to get to. Since we have
such similar aspirations our teams will be working together, much like
how Classroom worked with the old New User Network. Over the next few
weeks we'll be working with them to see how our projects can help each
other.

Below is an email from the guys heading up the effort on the Ubuntu
Forums Beginners Team end. A meeting will be taking place this weekend
(details below) and I want to encourage anyone in this project who is
interested in furthering the partnership and working on community
training in general to attend.

Hope to see you there!