It's Been a While

Ross Peoples ubuntu.ross.peoples at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 02:46:01 GMT 2008

Hello Everyone,

I apologize that it has been a while since I have been in contact. I've
been involved with a few all-nighter projects lately at work, but now
everything is cooling down again. Trevor, I'm still willing to help you
with the wiki and it turns out that I might have something else to offer
this project. For a while now, I've been wanting to set up a website to
help new users understand the community, give them the basics of Ubuntu
(like version numbers, the differences in the two ubuntu wikis,
upstream/downstream concepts, etc). And for experienced users, it would
server as sort of a Yellow Pages for different projects, how to get
involved in those projects, and provide a descriptive list of the
different groups in the Ubuntu community (documentation, motu, us,
etc.). Basically, it would be a collection of links, neatly categorized,
that would direct you to everything you ever wanted to know about Ubuntu
and its community all in one place. Sort of like a site map.

The idea started off as something a little different, but morphed into
something that I think is more in-line with the goal of this project.
Anyways, I have the domain UbuntuPages.com/org and hosting for it and I
was originally going to do the whole thing myself, but quickly realized
that I was in over my head. So, I was wondering if you would be
interested in using the webspace to set up your own custom applications,
and of course, to provide useful information to the community.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Thanks, Ross