Thoughts

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 11 20:02:05 GMT 2008

On Sun Mar 09, 2008 at 07:03:51PM -0600, Trevor Sharpe wrote:
> Team,
> 	Would perhaps pushing back our first presentation to the 4th week be
> more helpful to US Teams Project. I don't think that would be that bad,
> just a thought.
I will see if I hear anything back from Aaron and US Teams before we can
decide that.  If he gets back to me soon (I'd like a solid week+ for
marketing) then we can plan that, otherwise we may plan for April
instead.

Can anyone get a solid date on OpenWeek so we won't overlap anything
there?  Or, should we talk to the OpenWeek organizers (Jono?) and see
about *being* the organizers for this event.

> 	In the future, are going to shoot for weekly theme that would be easier
> to market, or filling with anyone willing to present to accommodate
> smaller teams. I personally think we could do a little of both.
Yeah, I have put some thought into the presentation lengths & topics.  I
would like big presentations from big teams but if this team is about
helping people contribute then we should let individuals teach sessions
in there on a regular basis.  Anyone can teach anything, just plan it
through us!

> 	Perhaps we could together our ideas for a agenda for next meeting I am
> more than happy to put it together this Wednesday. If anyone has
> anything feel free to email it to me, because I won't be making a agenda
> page until Wednesday. We kinda free flowed this last meeting but it
> actually turned out okay.
My suggested Agenda items for next Sunday:
 * Migrate new-improved wiki to overwrite old?
 * Should we create an announcement banner on the wiki?
 * Creation of marketing blog widgets for upcoming events?
 * Try to get some more solid assignments for others on the list
  ** Lets get all of our people involved before we start looking
 * Continue using gobby? irc? what to do about lurkers in classroom?

...that's all I've got off the top of my head.

Ooh, Seth, did you forward that email to Nick at this point?  After
reading your last email I did have a suggestion or two, but I couldn't
tell if it had already gone out or if it was up for one or two last
critiques.

Christer