[ubuntu-cl] Fwd: Ubuntu Chile LoCo/ issue with Ubuntu brand

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz en ubuntu.com
Vie Oct 26 17:40:24 BST 2007

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mauricio Hernandez Z. <mhz en ubuntu.com>
Date: Oct 26, 2007 1:34 PM
Subject: Ubuntu Chile LoCo/ issue with Ubuntu brand
To: jono en ubuntu.com

Hi there,

I am sorry to bug you with this but we need help to understand how we
can solve this issue.

For the last years, Ubuntu.cl domain has been taken by a non Ubuntero
called Francisco Aguirre. He will not give it up, and will not answer
to my latest requests about getting to a good understanding.

He uses this domain for anything he feels like using it, he even uses
the name Ubuntu Chile publicly.

On one of his last interaction with some current Ubunteros in Chile,
he has mentioned that he won't give up unless he gets a lot of money
for it.
AFAIK, he has never participated nor collaborated on anything
regarding LoCo Chile.

What should we do?
What could you do?

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]