Accepted debian-policy 22.214.171.124 (source)
Ubuntu Archive Auto-Sync
katie at jackass.ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 19 18:25:10 CDT 2005
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:18:10 +0100
Maintainer: Debian Policy List <debian-policy at lists.debian.org>
Changed-By: Ubuntu Archive Auto-Sync <katie at jackass.ubuntu.com>
debian-policy - Debian Policy Manual and related documents
Closes: 89867 146023 203145 216104 222553 239359 260092 270020 273122 276953 284967 286549 286553 290270 291026 294633 295939 308886 309162 310113 313626 314569
debian-policy (126.96.36.199) unstable; urgency=low
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: Typo in upgrading-checklist.txt.gz", thanks
to Romain Francoise. Added the missing /. (Closes: #314569).
* Bug fix: "x-session-manager already in use, so please add to
virtual-package-names-list.txt", thanks to Christopher Martin
* Bug fix: "[ACCEPTED] SRFI 22 names for Scheme implementations", thanks
to Jorgen Schaefer (Closes: #310113).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: please add x-display-manager to
virtual-package-names-list.txt", thanks to Jon Dowland (Closes: #294633).
debian-policy (188.8.131.52) unstable; urgency=low
* Bug fix: "policy 11.5.3 refers to using the menu package to register
docs", thanks to Joey Hess (Closes: #222553).
* Bug fix: "[PROPOSAL] Document Uploaders: field in policy", thanks to
Andrew Pollock. Andreas Metzler provided the wording, though it was
modified during inclusion. (Closes: #203145).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: Minor grammatical correction in section 9.4",
thanks to Eric Evans. I rejected the proposed change, instead I went
over the whole policy document and removed all he/she/him/her
constructs before the gender police jump all over me. (Closes: #273122).
* Bug fix: "XSI:ism in prerm and postinst", thanks to David Weinehall
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: please clarify section 12.7.", thanks to
Adrian Bunk. Added a clarifying footnote that makes it clear that
section 12.3 does not allow one to ignore section 12.7 (Closes: #276953).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: should not ship generated files in source
archive, and should clean them from the tree", thanks to Branden
Robinson (Closes: #284967).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: Detailed description of maintainer script
calls (Section 6.5) is incomplete", thanks to Nikolaus Schulz
and Thomas Hood. What happens when error unwinding itself runs into
problems is perhaps not discussed as completely as it should be.
* Bug fix: "184.108.40.206 "command -v" example needs tweaking",
thanks to Thomas Hood. Instead of the massively complex shenanigans
suggested in the bug report, just use which. which lives in an
essential package, so can be used in the preinst of packages.
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: please clarify/loosen the policy on rewriting
history", thanks to Frank KÃ¼ster. Since this was not really a
directive, but merely an expression of an opinion, moved it into an
informative footnote. (Closes: #290270).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: virtual package request: mpd-client", thanks
to Eric Wong (Closes: #270020).
* Bug fix: "[ACCEPTED 2005/02/04]: "libexec", or use of "lib" for
binaries in lib* packages", thanks to Junichi Uekawa
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: virtual package: flexmem", thanks to Bartosz
Fenski aka fEnIo (Closes: #239359).
* Bug fix: "Please clarify Section 2.5. required <-> essential",
thanks to Adrian Bunk. Clarified the section. (Closes: #216104).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: Please remove virtual package
aspell-dictionary", thanks to Brian Nelson (Closes: #295939).
* Bug fix: "[AMENDMENT 18/02/2002] Where to place web-accessible
images", thanks to Tollef Fog Heen (Closes: #89867).
* Bug fix: "debian-policy: erroneous enumeration in prebuilt policy.*
files", thanks to Nikolaus Schulz. I am hoping that this shall go away
when we rebuild. (Closes: #286553).
* Bug fix: "please make names of alternate versions links", thanks to
Robert Cheramy. Added HTTPPATH elements that should provide the URL's
as well as the hyperlinks. (Closes: #308886).
* Bug fix: "www.debian.org: Misspelling in Policy Manual", thanks to
Roberto C. Sanchez Various spelling errors were also corrected in a
spell check run. (Closes: #309162).
4bd5fd31eeb8fd85f34111d1b83783c7 1172247 doc optional debian-policy_220.127.116.11.tar.gz
9c39227b5b89b19fcff2b5c8566a8a78 821 doc optional debian-policy_18.104.22.168.dsc
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the ubuntu-changes-auto