[Ubuntu-ch] regional contact cleanup

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:25:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>>> I would like to do some cleanup on the regional contacts:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/RegionalContacts
>>>
>>> Therefore I am going to eMail everyone listed on the page in order to
>>> check if he/she is still willed to act as contact person.
>>>
>>> If I do not get a reply in a defined amount of time (e.g. 30 days) the
>>> person will be removed from that page.
>
> I have added a Status 2011 column to the table. If you are still active in
> contributing to the Ubuntu community, please fill in Active. If you are on
> hold, but perhaps want to contribute again, next year, fill in Inactive.

Yes, that is a good idea. Another idea would be to do it the other way
around - that is have an "Active" column where people fill in "2011".
Then you or whoever next time will not have to do all that edit work.

> Please do this until 20110920.

I think you should give people more than 6 days. Not everybody reads
mailing lists every day, and some are on vacation etc. The 30 days you
initially proposed for the e-mail polling (which did not take place,
right? I did not get any mail) is more reasonable.

Regards,
Tormod