[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu CH on Facebook

WaVeR debian at hispeed.ch
Sat Mar 19 10:18:58 UTC 2011

Le vendredi 18 mars 2011 à 22:18 +0100, Philipp Gassmann a écrit :
> Hello Swiss Ubuntu Users

Hi Phillipp and others,

> After the discussion I decided to go ahead and create a "official"
> Facebook page.
>
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ubuntu-CH/193831693990902
>
> A Page seems to fit well. It's public and open.

+1, I agree with Thormod, it looks good.

You can use as url http://www.ubuntu-ch.org it's more easy instead of
wiki.ubuntu....

You can add this link [1] for people who want to know our next events
and other infos.

Please add also some info for the other Swiss part (IT, FR) [2]. I don't
know if you have read our archives but I'll give you a small summary:
Ubuntu-ch is an official team to organise events and help local people.
We don't provide any documentation or other (only if there's some
special Swiss device/problem: UMTS key, Migros bank key, ...) We
redirect people to other websites as [2].

Just read our website, there's a lot of info that you can add on
Facebook page (We have also a IRC channel and we're almost always 12
person)

[H.S]: As info, we are 206 person on this Mailing list ^^. I don't know
where's other 90% ...

> So what can "we" do with a Page:
>
> - Describe the Page in the Info section
> - Write Posts that can be seen by people who "like" the page
> - Add Events that will show up on likers "events" and if they have
> integrated FB in Android, the Events will show up in their calendar.
> - Add Pictures of Events or anything else
> - Propose the page to your friends
> - People can write posts on the Pages wall
> - People can comment on post/pictures/events

Good like to maintain it, I'll try to join you if needed.

> So, can I make it officially "official" ?
> I haven't invited anybody till now. I'm waiting for your OK.

For me, no problem. You can create a poll if you want or give a deadline
for people to react.

> I'm excited to see how many people will "like" it.

;)

> .phiphi

---
Hassan