[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu CH on Facebook

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 09:15:39 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Philipp Gassmann wrote:
> Hello Swiss Ubuntu Users
>
> After the discussion I decided to go ahead and create a "official"
> Facebook page.
>
> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ubuntu-CH/193831693990902
>
> A Page seems to fit well. It's public and open.

Hi Philipp,
Thanks for setting it up, it looks good. Since I have no account there
I will have to write it here, in the old-school way: I "like it" :)

> So what can "we" do with a Page:
>
> - Describe the Page in the Info section
> - Write Posts that can be seen by people who "like" the page
> - Add Events that will show up on likers "events" and if they have
> integrated FB in Android, the Events will show up in their calendar.
> - Add Pictures of Events or anything else
> - Propose the page to your friends
> - People can write posts on the Pages wall
> - People can comment on post/pictures/events
>
> So, can I make it officially "official" ?
> I haven't invited anybody till now. I'm waiting for your OK.

That is fine with me. We just have to make sure that you or a team of
you keep it updated, and act like a bridge between the Facebook
presence and the "old" channels like mailing list and wiki. I hope of
course it will not be necessary to join Facebook in order to
participate or stay up to date with the Ubuntu activities in
Switzerland.

> I'm excited to see how many people will "like" it.
>
> .phiphi

Yes, and let's hope it can bring more people to participate in Ubuntu
and free software activities.

Cheers,
Tormod