[Ubuntu-ch] localized entry page

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 10 08:49:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,

>> at yesterdays meeting (hey where have YOU been), Dani had the idea to create
>> a page in the wiki for French, Italian and German speakers, so it would be
>> easier for non-English speakers to get started.
>>
>> I imagine a single page for every language, containing the most important
>> information and links.
>
> JFYI: all these pages already exist, as I spent a whole weekend
> creating a portal since some German-speaking people were complaining a
> few years ago. I just wonder why those never actually contributed to
> the wiki after my effort... but that is a whole other story :(
>
> Check this mailing list, everything is in the archives, including the
> links. AFAIK these pages were never removed, but since I didn't want
> to be the only one doing some work I waited for others to contribute
> and that never came.

Okay, If you could find the direct links somewhere, I would be glad.

Right now we got a very active group of ppl who are willed to
contribute. And as mentioned, it's not much. It's just about a entry
point for ppl who do not understand English.

> Funny how people reinvent the wheel...

Hum. Right now I can only see a flat tyre :/

So let's just pump up it up and make it happen.

Greets
Marcus