[Ubuntu-ch] GNOME 3 Release Party in Zurich today

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Fri Apr 8 16:50:17 UTC 2011

Hi all.

>> FYI, this is happening today, from 15-19h! Should be of interest to
>> many ubunteros, as long as you have not caught unititis yet ;)
> I recognised the date too and unfortunately it's/it was to short for me
> to join it.
> But i were really interested to join it.
>
>> Unfortunately I have not seen this posted on the mailing list already.
>> I hope this is not a sign of us non-facebookers being left behind...
>>
> No, i haven't seen the message too until this morning and then had no
> time to put it on facebook.
> And i imagine, Philipp is/was in a similar situation. So, facebook is
> not per se the faster medium (but (sometimes) it can be a additional
> info channel ;)).

I must admit that I have added it a bit late :)

In the future I will try to combine both, generation FB and us 'old guys' :)

Anyhow, it was a lot of fun and we where able to present the overall
experience of GNOME 3. But one of the problems is that at least the
Maverick PPA does not contain the current release of GNOME Shell, so if
you want to get a feeling of how GNOME 3 looks like you should either
stick with Natty (+PPA) or use one of the Live Images from gnome.org.

If you got any further questions, concerning GNOME 3 feel free to ask me
(even ol).

Greets
Marcus