[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu-ch Digest, Vol 42, Issue 17

Nicki Schenker nicki.schenker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:28:09 GMT 2010

> Hi Nicki,
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 13:55, Nicki Schenker <nicki.schenker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 28.01.2010, 12:00 +0000 schrieb
>

> > We can do that if you like. Please visit our shop, and write us if you
> > can't find what would suit your desire. We do the rest, and build one
> > for you.
>
> Yes, I know that you do this, of course. Thank you for reminding me :)
>
> But there is a clear difference between a reseller like you who don't
> have multiple stores and build on demand, and big resellers with
> multiple stores in the main street. At least I can't remember having
> seen a pre-installed Linux on any entry-level PC for the everyday user
> in a shop so far.
>
> There are a few other small resellers or online-shops who do this
> AFAIK (http://tell-it.ch and http://www.ichbinleise.ch both did but
> have not a single offer anymore AFAICS, http://belinea.ch does but has
> resellers for their systems, so one has to order it,
> http://www.digitech.ch has one PC for oder, http://www.littlebit.ch
> seems to have no Linux preinstalled anymore, at least I can't find
> any, or those are difficult to find ), but the target audience of
> these stores is usually not Mr Everybody, while Steg-PC certainly is.
>
> Any other discounter or large reseller you know of?
>

> Regards, Myriam

Hi Myriam, as I've already written to you yesterday.

No, I do not know any. As you may know, we keep ourselves at the moment
a little bit hidden. Of course, just about anything to win more time for
the new "product range". :x Therefore, only a few items, and no PC
series.
I'll of course not be allowed to spoil too much, but as far as I think
to say small and expensive, as now, we haven't planned for the (very)
near future. ;)
To keep prices low, it'll give us the first time being only OnLine ->
how digitec and many other once, too. But unlike many others, you'll
also be able to talk with us in the future. So we'll, for example, the
build-to-order service expected to maintain, who perhaps not quite so
obvious. At the moment it is quite stressful 4 all, but if you want,
we can talk again end of summer, maybe we are so far able to make a real
"Swiss-LoCo Edition" in series.

cheers

Nicki