[Ubuntu-ch] ubuntu party Genevar

Cédric BRINER briner at infomaniak.ch
Wed Jan 27 14:43:32 GMT 2010

> Hello Ced,
>

> Le mardi 26 janvier 2010 à 16:58 +0100, Cédric BRINER a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> As I said in the irc channel, I'm wanting to mount a Ubuntu Install
>> Party at Geneva during the first days of school 2010 (september/october
>> 2010).
>
> I'll be glad to be present. October can mean a new version of Ubuntu. We
> should just think about if we want to wait for the new version or
> install Lucid for them.
The idea is to take advantage of the fresh people starting the school.
So I'll rather prefer to install a solid LTS which should be with less
bug at this time.

>> I'd like to know if you are interested in such project, and how we could
>> interacte.
>
> The most important part:
>
> - We should start looking for the place where we can do this event. I
> don't know if you're already in-touch with some schools to provide us
> rooms or not.
Done. I've some contact with a teacher at the engineering school of
Geneva. So this look quite promising as they have already give a place
for the hack'ing session.

> - Networking if possible.
For sur. I know quite well the people working at UniGE (I work their).
So I'm confident of this also.

> Best regards,
thanks.

I add your email to the person I keep in touch.

cED