[Ubuntu-ch] Volunteer opertunities and/or summer jobs for students at Mountain House, Caux (Above Montreaux)

Jasper Wallace jasper at london.iofc.org
Mon Aug 9 15:26:38 BST 2010

Hi,

Not 100% sure this is appropriate for this list, but we use ubuntu and
debian on our servers and ever year there are more and more people using
ubuntu on there laptops, so more linux help is always useful!

In the mountains above Montreaux there is the international conference
centre of Initiatives Of Change (http://www.iofc.org/). Every summer for
6-8 weeks we run a number of conferences and workshops mostly themed
around conflict resolution, reconciliation and trust building.

I'm one of the volunteers that manages the IT department, and we're
looking for some help next year.
 We have a 100Mbit symmetric internet connection and help participants at
the conferences get online as well as managing and maintaining the
systems of the permanent staff and the network. We also have a number of
projects we'd like to get done, either related to sound recording or web
based databases.

We have positions for Volunteer's summer jobs and there is also an
intern program:

http://www.iofc.org/caux-interns

Working at Mountain House is a great way to meet people with interesting
stories to tell from all over the world. If you're interested in finding
out more i can give you lunch and a tour of Mountain House I'll be
available on the 14th and 15th of August.