[Ubuntu-ch] The "Ubuntu-Stammtisch" returns!

Ramon Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:28:40 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry the announcement is only in German for now:

http://gnupingu.ch/2009/09/der-ubuntu-stammtisch-kehrt-zuruck-am-22-10/

What: Ubuntu meeting (for having a beer, a talk, a presentation, some
tech support...)
Where: Zürich, Sihlquai 131. In the buildings of the Zürich University
of the Arts, "Vertiefung Mediale Künste"
When: October 22, 2009, 18 - 22h. And irregularly in the following months.

Quick summary: I used to organize a regular Ubuntu meeting in Zürich
since about 2007, first biweekly, then monthly. We gradually opened
the event to other distributions. However, over time this mixed
audience wasn't good for the meeting, it lost its direction and the
Ubuntu spirit wasn't there anymore. Things weren't looking good with
my workload either, so I decided to pause the meeting this summer.

Now we're back and reorganized. The meetings are about Ubuntu again,
and the spirit of Ubuntu is most important. Other distros don't have
this spirit. We don't actively exclude users of other distros, God
forbid, but the meetings will be mostly for Ubuntu people again and
the presentations and talk topics will reflect this fact.

For general GNU/Linux meetings in Switzerland, we will refer people to
the LUGS at http://www.lugs.ch, because they organize LUGS meetings.
And to make it easy for people to attend both the Ubuntu meetings and
the LUGS meetings, I'm now coordinating the schedule a bit better so
that our events aren't in the same week as a LUGS event :)

Would be happy to see you there and talk Ubuntu things over a beer.

Ramon