[Ubuntu-ch] Release Party in Bern this Saturday!

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Thu Nov 19 17:07:09 GMT 2009

Myriam Schweingruber schrieb:
> This is a last attempt to raise the call for help, if nobody steps up
> to give a hand I will go partying in Bern with the Puzzle people who
> so kindly offered to host this event together with Hassan and Mark
> (who are the only people who are in the Attendees list) and ask the
> Ubuntu admins to dissolve this group, it doesn't make any sense if
> nobody has an interest for Team activities.

Somehow I didn't realise it was next weekend... Maybe we should do release
parties only once per year? In any case I'm coming, not sure of the time yet.

> We would like to have people giving a hand to:
> - demonstrate Ubuntu/Kubuntu to visitors,

Happy to. But I havn't tried Karmic yet. I'm reasonably proficient with the last
Swiss Remix though.

> - present Ubuntu and/or specific applications or projects related to Ubuntu,

I can show some of the Edubuntu programs, or Marble with OpenStreetMap.

For anybody interested and willing to walk four minutes, I can show a working
LTSP Terminal Server with Thin Clients, managed by Puzzle, based on Kubuntu
Hardy Heron.

> We still need people to spread the word in Switzerland.

Yes. I havn't seen a notice anywhere and forgot to hang up one myself. Did
anybody inform the local papers?

See you soon, Theo