[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu 9.04 SwissRemix RC]

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 12:39:57 BST 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Hassan El Jacifi<waver at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Le samedi 06 juin 2009 à 10:15 +0200, Daniel Stoni a écrit :
>> I still collect votes and ideas for default SwissRemix packaging.
>> Should the kernel sources be in the remix? Wine is not in - any objections?
>
> For the kernel sources, why not. Like this if some advanced person want
> to compile/install some driver and kernel sources is needed, he will
> save time.

Not :) It adds quite a lot of disk usage to the installed system and
will not likely be used. If someone wants to compile/install a kernel
driver, the kernel *headers* are enough, and they are installed by
default already.

Advanced persons will usually install a Karmic kernel or download and
build their own kernel from scratch. BTW, there are a lot of kernels
in PPAs also.

Tormod