[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu 9.04 SwissRemix d-f-i-e [KDE]

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Tue Jul 21 07:19:36 BST 2009

Theo Schmidt schrieb:
> My own experience with Swiss Remix Build 11 is actually that it [KDE] doesn't work for
> an ethernet LAN either, if you have to assign an IP manually. It also seems to
> lack a field for entering the netmask. I'll try out a straight Kubuntu tomorrow
> in comparison.

I tried out the Kubuntu 9.04 DVD from the present issue of Easy Linux. It seems
slightly cleaner, e.g. one can now see the label of the field "netmask prefix",
in Swiss Remix it just says "prefix". However if you enter the usual
255.255.255.0, it just keeps the "0" next time you look at it; maybe that's the
problem. Later when clicking on the connection, the new connection is almost
completely hidden by the VPN-window. And it still doesn't work. I'm astonished
how such an important tool can be released in such a state.

What do you think: should we in future only do Swiss Remixes of LTS versions?

Cheers, Theo