[Ubuntu-ch] OpenExpo Bern 2009 and Jaunty Jackalope Release Party planning

Seewer Philippe philippe.seewer at bfh.ch
Thu Jan 15 08:16:14 GMT 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, I did, only my good old laptop has a broken HD and I have to work
> with a live CD and external disks since a week or so, but my new
> Lenovo W500 is due any day now so I'm already in the starting blocks,
> waiting impatiently with CDs and backups in both hands to get this
> pretty new toy to work :)

This is a bit off-topic, but well: Just got a new Lenovo W500 as well
and it really is a shiny new toy. When (re)installing please read this
(http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:W500) before starting as it
saves some trouble with the gfx-card. If you do this ub8.10 works like a
charm.
And another tip: If you have the cash to spare, get a (Intel-)SSD for
this. No more waiting for apps to start. Ever!

Cheers,
Philippe