[Ubuntu-ch] OpenExpo Bern 2009 and Jaunty Jackalope Release Party planning

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 14 19:15:50 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Happy New Year everybody!

Let's hope everybody has refueled their batteries as there is a lot of
work waiting for us this year again :)

1. OpenExpo

I registered a booth for the OpenExpo fair in Bern. It will be held on
1. + 2. April 2009 in the BEA expo halls and I would love to have some
company at the booth during these two days. I set up a page for this
event: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/OpenExpo/Bern09, so please
join the party and tell me ASAP if you will be amongst the booth
people. FYI, Canonical Marketing Director Andrew Rodaway will be at
OpenExpo with a talk, so it's also a great occasion to get in touch
with people from the firm behind Ubuntu :)
If you still hesitate, the catering during this fair is well worth a
trip to Bern on these dates :)

2. Jaunty Jackalope Release Party

The next K/X/Ubuntu release 9.04, codename Jaunty Jackalope, is
planned for release on 23. April 2009. So of course there is another
party to throw! Please, all interested, join us on IRC on

* Monday, 26. January 2009, in #ubuntu-ch on IRC*

I already set up a wiki page for the planning, please have a look and
make your suggestions. Please be realistic in your propositions and
for those with a lot of ideas: keep in mind that ideas are always
welcome, but we would also have people who realise these ideas, and
this is hardly possible with volunteers.

We need suggestions for:

* Dates:  2-3 weeks after release has proven to be a good choice

* Location(s): everybody who comes up with a location suggestion is
asked to kindly provide some additional work in further organisation,
i.e. if you want to suggest a party in one particular place, make sure
you are able to attend and help with the organisation too, else it's
simply a loss of time, as we simply can't be everywhere at the same
time, and those great, enthusiastic, but unfortunately also very few
people who have been organising parties till now know what we are
talking about...

* Posters: I will ask our artist from last time if she could provide
us again with a great poster and flyer design, but these posters and
flyers have to be printed and spread, so volunteers will be needed for
that.

* Sponsors: if you have an idea about companies we could ask, hot
connections in FOSS companies or work in such a marvelous place, step
forward and help us with getting "some monnies" needed for catering,
printing, location, etc. We do not need much, but these three points
are essential. Of course they will have their place set on the posters
and flyers and of course the wiki page of the party.

* Manpower: the more we are the merrier! This also means less work for
the individuals as we can share tasks and of course we can have even
more fun :)

Looking forward to see you on Monday 26th!

Greetings

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009