[Ubuntu-ch] Apologies for tonight and various

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Wed Feb 18 21:31:38 GMT 2009

Hi all,

my apologies for not attending the meeting tonight, I just fell asleep
:( The last few days have been a bit too stressful so sometimes nature
takes back it's due.

Sadly, despite the topic being quite clear (see Moiras previous post,
various announcements on #ubuntu-ch and our wiki), you should have
gone forth and discuss the pending matters. Let me resume what we have
so far:

*OpenExpo*:

the booth is registered and accepted, we have at least 2-3 people
attending and manning the booth.

To Do: get a poster for that particular event and try to get hold of
CDs or at least an ISO of Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2. I will try to get
these things done ASAP.

*Jaunty Release Party*:

well, so far there is not much. The previous releases have always been
celebrated with a public event, talks, install fests and CD handout.

I would like to suggest, at least for once, to just party! We can
organize something on the weekend following the release in a nice
place, mainly as a party for us Ubunteros and friends where everybody
is welcome. What do you think of that? A lot of other teams do the
same and it doesn't mean we stop working. Not at all! This would be an
occasion to reduce the workload for those few, who have always been
pushing forward, and a nice party with friends, celebrating that
curious animal called Jackalope :)

Sorry again for my absence and I hope you all continue to be on board
of the Swiss Team :)

Myriam

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009