[Ubuntu-ch] Fwd: ubuntu 8.10 and USB key swisscom mobile unlimited Huawei E172

Marc Luethi netztier at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 10 22:08:22 GMT 2009

Hi all

Same goes for a Huawei E220 (the white oval thingy with the short USB
cable).

I'm using it with a Sunrise SIM Card and the 10Gig/CHF 49.- "take away"
offer of theirs. The guy at the shop in Baden even knew that it would
work with Linux - there'd been a customer with it a few days before.

Small quirk: Ubuntu 8.10 still has a pre-release-0.7 version of
NetworkManager. I had to update to the "release" version of
NetworkManager 0.7 from

https://launchpad.net/~network-manager/+archive/ppa

to make it work properly - but then it became truly plug&play; even the
settings for "sunrise" are predefined :-)

regards

Marc