[Ubuntu-ch] Is the Confederation still giving a preference to Microsoft?

Simon Schneebeli simon.schneebeli at okko.org
Wed Dec 9 21:31:07 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I just read that there was no agreement between the official Swiss
software buyers and open source organisations:
http://www.efd.admin.ch/00468/index.html?msg-id=30618&lang=fr

I was a bit surprised to read that the government "Le service
d'adjudication a informé les recourants [...] qu'elle doit en
particulier garantir l'égalité de traitement de tous les soumissionnaires".

Wow, so why did they not even consider open source solutions? Somehow I
have the impression that either me or someone else did not fully
understand what "égalité de traitement" means. Can anyone explain me?

Simon