[Ubuntu-ch] Fwd: Help promoting Ubuntu Global Jam

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Tue Aug 18 11:37:08 BST 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 04:20
Subject: Help promoting Ubuntu Global Jam
To: loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi All,

A little while ago we announced the Ubuntu Global Jam
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam) and encouraged as many LoCo
teams as possible to get involved and organize events. This is an
awesome opportunity to get together and help improve Ubuntu.

I am really to see how we can better promote and encourage LoCo teams to
get involved. Right now we have a few things:

   * Our wiki pages are largely complete at
     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
   * We have monthly meetings - the next one is on Thursday at 11am
     Pacific / 2pm Eastern / 7pm UK
   * We have some tuition sessions coming up on 4th Sept and 18th Sept.

I wanted to see what ideas you folks have for better spreading the word
and to see if anyone would like to help?

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager