[Ubuntu-ch] Planning the Intrepid release

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Mon Sep 15 20:57:57 BST 2008

Hi all,

hope you all enjoyed a nice summer and are ready for new tasks. As you
know, we have release parties for Intrepid Ibex to prepare, but a few
questions have arisen about the exact date: official release date for
K/X/Ubuntu 8.10 is October 30th, but what if the release is postponed?
A party on Nov 1st might be in danger of having nothing to party
about.
As in the last releases, I think it would be more appropriate to plan
the parties for a date starting mid-November, simply not to get caught
in a trap by release changes. Understand me well, this does not mean
that there will necessarily be a postponement, just a prudent move
from our side. Also, it would leave us a few more weeks for
preparations.

I suggest to meet on #ubuntu-ch next week, Monday 22nd at 19:00
SwissTime to discuss the exact dates and organise the parties more
thoroughly.

Some ideas have already gone into this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyIntrepid

Feel free to add your thoughts and propositions to the wiki page.

Hope to see you numerous next Monday!

Greets

Myriam
--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org