[Ubuntu-ch] " Einführung in Ubuntu" fertiggestellt

Dirk Deimeke dirk.deimeke at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 24 14:44:29 BST 2008

Hi,

> Would be cool if there's any! Nothing against other languages, I like
them
> very, but there are things which are significant easier to get them done
in
> native language. Of yourse it's a good sign that we coordinate all the
> nationwide events with english and I'm proud that the communication works
> over
> all our languages! But I'm sure we can achieve another level with local
> events
> done from locals in their native language. The question is just, where is
> the
> right place to discuss/coordinate such things?

that is exactly what I think.

One point of Ubuntu is to give everyone the chance to involve.

That is why, Ubuntu is localized in very many languages (I think this is as
well the reason for making a Swiss remix cd).

If not, there would be no need to do something apart from official
(English) channels ...

The point is, that many German speaking Swiss people support Ubuntu Germany
due to a lock of local language support in Switzerland.

I can not speak for all of them (since I am a German not a Swiss native),
but I think some of them would like to engage into local activities.

Nevertheless, I don't think that there would be any problem creating four
mailinglists for Switzerland with local language support.

Cheers

Dirk