[Ubuntu-ch] Some hardware requirements for the RP

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Fri Nov 14 20:31:33 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

While I'm not actually involved with the organization of the RP (this year
I only supply the venue), I thought I'd let you know about a few things in
the last minute, to prevent the worst surprises:

1. If you're bringing hardware, please bring a power strip
("Stromsteckleiste") to hook it up. Also, it makes sense to bring an
extension cord. We do have access to a few, but perhaps not enough. LABEL
YOUR STUFF if you want it back, I'm sure someone will borrow your power
cables :)

2. For networking, there is only a very basic wireless LAN and perhaps ten
Ethernet sockets. We need switches and cables if any more desktop PCs are
coming.

3. It might be nice to have a tablecloth, some decoration material and
posters. We can print posters in A4 or A3 on site in black and white,
though.

I've set up an equipment page here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyIntrepid/Zurich/Equipment

Hope that's okay.