[Ubuntu-ch] Thanks for the RP

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Sun May 18 19:08:13 BST 2008

Hi Simon and all

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Simon Schneebeli <simon.schneebeli at okko.org>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> That Release Party was indeed quite nice. Thanks to the organisers and
> the sponsors. I was astonished that there were so many people coming.

/me joining his thanks to yours and WaVers.

> When going back to Geneva, I was thinking that maybe for the next party
> it would be better to divide the programme into three clearly
> distinctive parts:
> - One part particularly for newbies
> - One for more experienced users
> - The party

I fully agree with this.

> The newbies and the experienced users are just two distinctly different
> groups with different interests and needs. By having different parts,
> these needs could be dealt much better and people would go back happier.
>
> I also think that in terms of quality, thinks could be somewhat
> improved. I think people didn't bother too much, but from a marketing
> point of view, presentations like the one of Scribus (unable to open the
> document) are not ideal.

Well, Pierre jumped in because the original talker was sick so he did a
total freestyle presentation and I think he did it very good regarding the
conditions. Thank to him for that. Anyhow I agree on the general idea here
to.

Cheers
Patrick