[Ubuntu-ch] Thanks for the RP

Simon Schneebeli simon.schneebeli at okko.org
Sun May 18 18:39:23 BST 2008

Hello all,

That Release Party was indeed quite nice. Thanks to the organisers and
the sponsors. I was astonished that there were so many people coming.

When going back to Geneva, I was thinking that maybe for the next party
it would be better to divide the programme into three clearly
distinctive parts:
- One part particularly for newbies
- One for more experienced users
- The party

The newbies and the experienced users are just two distinctly different
groups with different interests and needs. By having different parts,
these needs could be dealt much better and people would go back happier.

I also think that in terms of quality, thinks could be somewhat
improved. I think people didn't bother too much, but from a marketing
point of view, presentations like the one of Scribus (unable to open the
document) are not ideal.

Anyway, I liked the event and am already looking for 8.10...

Regards

Simon

Simon Schneebeli
078 619 31 18