[Ubuntu-ch] RP Lausanne: Questions techniques

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:05:29 BST 2008

hi all,

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Simon Schneebeli <simon.schneebeli at okko.org>
wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I'm about to prepare my talk for the Lausanne release party. Just came
> up with some questions:
>
> - Will we use the same computer in the second part or will everyone do
> his/her presentation on his/her computer? I'd say that it might be
> better to do everything from one computer.

Agreed, to use only one is probably the best solution. As my computer seems
to answer to all needs of the various presentations I'll set up a
presentation user and leave it on the main table.

> - My computer has no  microphone or webcam. When talking about
> interoperability, I'd like to show them that Skype also works on Ubuntu.
> And it would be nice to show this with a webcam. Will there be anyone
> who can bring along a webcam that works well?

Webcam integrated ;)
Here some more specs of my laptop:

2.6 GHz core 2 duo processor
4 GB DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256MB
2mp integrated webcam
Wireless, bluetooth, sd/mmc reader, etc............

Should be enough for the presentations.

> - Will there also be a sound system? I mean, if I want to show a
> video-conference, will there be a way people can hear what the person at
> the other end of the line tells?

For the sound system there's nothing there, so if any body has the killer
sound system which is easy to transport it would be awesome.

For the rest of the discussion, just let me know which programs you need and
I'll do a couple of apt-get before Saturday.

Dominique: If you wish, you can send me or tell me which fonts you need and
I install them.

If any of you has a camera to film the presentations it would be upper cool.

Cheers
Patrick