[Ubuntu-ch] Planning the Zurich fork of the RP

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Thu May 8 15:44:42 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

First of all for those who are currently in the middle of RP
preparations: Don't panic! Please focus on the Lausanne RP. I'm just
copying all your effort for the Zürich version, so actually, most of the
work is already done, and thanks a lot for that.

I'm trying to copy the party as closely as possible, so I'm taking the
English description for the Lausanne party and copying it for Zürich:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ReleasePartyHardy/ZurichEn

1. Time frame

Everything is one hour earlier in Zürich: We need to clear everyone out
of the ZHdK building until 23h. But I think that's okay, no?

2. Speakers

I've left a few important speakers from Lausanne (Mark, Myriam) in the
list so far. Do you think you can come to the Zürich RP too? It would be
fantastic.

The rest I can pretty much cover, but I would be honored if Patrick can
indeed make it to Zürich, so feel free to put yourself in as a speaker.

3. Hardware

The Game Design department is sponsoring an older game development
machine that we can use for our demos (including Compiz and the 3D
games). I can have the machine early and start setting up, so that
should be covered. It has a GeForce 6800, but some weird ultra gamer
edition. Should be fast enough.

Rest (beamers, speakers, networking) are no problem.

Please feel free to sign up as speaker if you see a subject you'd like
to talk about. As soon as the English language schedule is finished,
I'll do the German translation :)

Ramon