[Ubuntu-ch] Fwd: Release party final schedule candidate available

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:56:16 BST 2008

Hi there,

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Simon Schneebeli <simon.schneebeli at okko.org>
wrote:

> >      Also, the schedule looks very tight, is it realy necessary to have
> so
> >      many talks? Especially thos at the end, hm, from last years
> >      experience, most of the people do not attend the later talks anyway
> >

> > Agreed, we can remove them or integrate them in other talks. Anyhow I
> > think that compiz must be shown, it's a real newbies catcher IMHO.
> Can't we group the first two parts (IMHO we don't need to
> "introductions" to Ubuntu). I think we should really try to be short and
> precise and better give only little information, but the right one.

IMHO, it's the most important talk. It will allow to know exactly what's
going on. When you try to convert someone to Ubuntu they always say: What is
it? Oh it's free so how is it made? hum sounds good but I wont get support
if I need some! Telling them what it is, who's behind and pointing out that
they get more support that on any other system is very important in my
opinion.

> Also, I'd group all the three following talks into one block with no
> break in between (but followed by one long break):
> - Work with Ubuntu
> - Sound Video and picture
> - Synaptic

Agreed this could in fact be merged to a single talk.

Patrick