[Ubuntu-ch] Call for help | Lausanne RP | VERY IMPORTANT

Patrick Murena patrick.murena at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:45:16 BST 2008

Hi Pierre,

2008/5/1 Pierre Graber <pierre at pcpg.net>:

> Le mercredi, 30 avril 2008 22.40, Patrick Murena a écrit :
> > I NEED TO KNOW HOW WILL HOLD WHICH TALK, I'M SEEKING VOLUNTEERS !!!!!!
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not a real Ubuntero like my son Stéphane... I'm just an end-user ;)

IMHO it's a plus, as we target newbies Stéphane may talk Chinese for them ;)

/me hugs stgrager

> But I can show how it is possible to use Scribus (DTP) associated with OOo
> documents. "Petite illustration de l'intégration de OOo dans Scribus"
> (Conception d'une Une de journal dans le cadre de la semaine scolaire des
> médias).

I'm afraid that OOo integration in Scribus would be too specific, don't
you???

> Another subject could be to show current pictures management solutions
> (Digikam). "Gestion d'une collection de photos à l'aide de Digikam".
> I'm not an expert, either newbie.

That be awesome, we could integrate this in the "Sound, video and picture"
talk.

> Imho it's very important to publish all documents on a FRENCH VERSION,
> like
> this will be the RP language !

They'll be, they are in English at the moment so every team member can work
on them. But they'll be translated as soon as a final version is approved.

Thanks for contributing Pierre

Cheers Patrick