[Ubuntu-ch] weekly meeting | we need to talk ;)

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Sat Mar 15 09:45:03 GMT 2008

Hi all,

> Where will the RP take place?

So far the idea is to do it at the ZHdK.

The ZHdK can offer two locations, depending on what makes more sense. One
of them is quite cozy at the Sihlquai 131 (same location as the biweekly
"Ubuntu-Stammtisch"), the other is a meeting room and terrace on the roof
of the ZHdK main building in the Ausstellungsstrasse.

Both places have 100 MBit/s Internet connection and we can mess around
with networking equipment as much as we like (set up local mirror servers
etc.). We have routable, public IP addresses available for streaming, VoIP
and other geekiness.

Of course having it at the EB Zürich is somewhat attractive, but on the
other hand: Perhaps the event guests at the EB Zürich want to go out to
town to have some dinner around that time, then they could simply come
over to the ZHdK when they're finished to still do some release partying.
And if the party is at the ZHdK, we won't disturb anyone at EB with loud
talking/smell of beer/roasted pigs.

But I

Patrick: Do you think we can already do something about that
Ubuntu-branded FreeBeer for the party? I will buy 100 liters for the
Ubuntu-Stammtisch anyhow, if that helps reaching the minimum order amount.

> Great you were there ;)  Here you see Myriam on one of the pics:
> http://www.openexpo.ch/openexpo-2008-bern/presse/

Good job with the photos. And I'm in one too :)

>>  * Should the swiss team become a official nonprofit organization???

That has a bit of an administrative overhead. Would we be willing to take
care of that? And what are the benefits of being a registered nonprofit,
apart from becoming a nonpersonal legal entity?

> This is one option. Another is to become a /ch/open Special Interest
> Group: http://ch-open.ch/sigs/   Let us know if you're interested in.

This sounds like an idea too. Let's look at that.

Cheers,

Ramon